Why go to the dentist for head/orofacial pain?
Ongoing and chronic migraines, tension-type headaches, and face, jaw, and neck area pain could be interconnected. The cause could be unbalanced forces in your mouth that affect the muscles of these areas, leading to changes in the chemical and nerve reactions that cause chronic pain.
What is TruDenta?
- TruDenta is a drug-free, needle-free, and pain-free system to provide long-lasting pain relief.
- The life-changing, therapeutic treatments have been effective in patients who suffer from the painful symptoms of chronic headaches, migraines, TMJ/TMD, and many other painful conditions.
What should I expect from a TruDenta exam?
- A computerized measurement of the force balance in your mouth on a tooth-by-tooth basis
- A computerized measurement of the disability of your muscle movements
- Mouth movement measurements
With these easy and painless tests, Dr. Hannon can see what’s causing your headache symptoms. The remainder of your comprehensive examination helps you and our team pinpoint other, related areas of mouth health, muscle health, tooth-related issues, and potential problem areas that will be treated during your TruDenta treatment.
What is TruDenta treatment?
- In-office treatment involves a personalized program of gentle light treatment modalities, electrical stimulation, muscle manipulation, and ultrasound.
- Patients also follow a specific at-home continuing care program, with exercises to be done between treatments and an orthotic to be worn for a short period to provide control over your pain relief.
Visit TruDenta on the following social media sites: